Most people don’t understand the benefits that a good professional facial can offer. As skin professionals, it is our duty to let you know. Most people will wait until they encounter a skin concern or have an upcoming special event before coming in for a facial. While doing this is totally ok, these frustrating problems can often be preempted by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products.
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome, than you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells. If you give your skin a head start (great facials), your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with monthly facials, you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
Besides just feeling wonderful, here are 10 reasons you should come into Pellé Medical Spa for monthly facials:
1. Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique and professional products can heal.
2. Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal process of new skin cells.
3. Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aid in detoxification.
4. A good facial (and facial massage) can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles and sagging).
5. Facials will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation as well as to help change the p0re’s size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris.
6. Facials provide deeper exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products, unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration and evens skin tones.
7. Facials allow a professionally trained esthetician to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult area to navigate.
8. Facials can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skin’s appearance visibly. You should always be using sunscreens, even in the winter months.
9. Facials slow the aging process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin. With the use of exfoliation, massage and the penetration of nutrients and antioxidants, facials also fight to reverse aging. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm and hydrated skin.
10. Facials are not a miracle in an hour but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Monthly facials will help you maintain optimal skin health.